Decagon Partners, LLC
Mr. Forman is a technology executive with over twenty years experience creating value through managing, investing in, and acquiring companies in a number of vertical markets. He has broad industry knowledge in financial services, e-commerce, enterprise-level information systems, healthcare, and software.
Mr. Forman's areas of expertise include sales management, business development, marketing, strategic planning, equity investing, mergers and acquisitions, contract management, finance, and general management. He has worked in both public and private companies and has helped develop the international operations of several companies.
Some highlights of Mr. Forman's background and career experience:
- As Senior Vice President, Business Development, for Boston-based Availant, Inc., he managed strategic alliances with IBM, EMC, and Compaq and developed indirect sales channels for the company's new systems management software.
- As Chief Corporate Development Officer of Clarus Corporation (NASDAQ: CLRS), he completed the $60M acquisition of Limerick, Ireland-based SAI/Redeo, a financial settlement software company, and managed Clarus' strategic investments and global alliances (e.g., Microsoft).
- As Vice President, Corporate Development, at Profit Recovery Group (NASDAQ: PRGX), Mr. Forman acquired several domestic and international audit recovery services companies, expanding PRG's market share and positioning it in several new market segments.
- While Vice President, Business Development, at Harbinger Corporation (now part of Peregrine Systems, NASDAQ: PRGN), he successfully completed the acquisition of a dozen software and services companies in the EDI/e-commerce market, including the $140M acquisition of publicly traded Premenos Corporation. During his tenure, Harbinger grew from $25M to $125M, half of which came through acquisition.
- As President of Antinori Software (now part of Carreker Corporation, NASDAQ: CANI), he managed the company's overall growth and entry into the insurance industry.
- At IQ Software (now part of Computer Associates, NYSE: CA), as Vice President of Sales, Mr. Forman managed and developed IQ's channels programs, working with over 900 software companies that resold IQ's flagship business intelligence product.
- As CEO and President of Dallas, TX-based The Flagship Group, a diversified vertical market software company, he restructured the company, divested an unprofitable division, deleveraged the company and turned the company profitable.
Mr. Forman was an Associate in two Texas-based venture capital funds, Sunwestern Investment Group and The Waterman Group, where he made investments in technology companies and LBO's (e.g. Dr. Pepper/7 Up). He started his career as Vice President, Sales and Marketing, at UAI/Phoenix-Hecht, a RTP, NC-based financial services software company. Here he made his first acquisition: Chicago-based Phoenix-Hecht.
Mr. Forman earned his MBA from the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, where he has a Wachovia Fellow. He received a BA in Humanities from New College, Sarasota, FL. He is the former president of the Southeastern Software Association and a co-founder of the Dallas-Ft. Worth M.I.T. Enterprise Forum.